Billy Gunn brought Uptown Brewing Company to Greenville to give the community a craft beer that it could call its own. He and his brother, Donald, hooked up with their head brewer, Ben Self, and realized their dream.
The core beers at Uptown now include:
- IPA: A resinous and tropical brew, the subtle malt bill lets the generous late additions of fruity, earthy, aromatic hops do the talking. It finishes crisp and dry. It’s 7.5% ABV.
- Coffee Porter: This one is chock full of cold brew. Spicy Williamette hops balance the sweet aroma of coffee and malt. It’s dark, smooth, full-bodied and complex. It’s 6.8% ABV.
- Pale Ale: Citrousy Cascade and Amarillo hops are countered by caramel, biscuit and three specialty malts. At 5% ABV, it’s well-balanced and easy to drink.
- Apricot Wheat: this beer will quench your thirst. It’s lightly sweet and complemented by soft orange jam flavors thanks to the additions of crushed apricots and New Zealand Pacifica hops. It’s a gameday favorite at 4.2% ABV.
- Billy Beer: completely unpretentious, this is a clean, crisp American light lager. At just 3.2% ABV, it’s the most crushable on the Uptown menu.
Now a total family affair, Billy’s son, Brad, has joined the Uptown team. The Gunns and Self rotate in a great selection of seasonal brews that have included a Russian Imperial Stout and a Belgian Dubbel. The taproom is open Tuesday and Wednesday from 2-10 p.m., Thursday and Friday from 2-midnight, Saturday from noon-midnight and on Sunday from 1-7 p.m. The taproom is closed on Mondays. Tours are available when staffing permits.
You might also like: There’s Something For Everyone In Uptown Greenville
Doug Henry Chevrolet Buick GMC
If you’re in Greenville and in search of a new vehicle, the one-stop shop is Doug Henry Chevrolet Buick GMC in Farmville. You’ll find unbeatable selection, value and customer service, and the team at Doug Henry will find a perfect match for your needs.