Let’s face it: the holidays are stressful. Gifts need to be bought for the family, relatives may be showing up at your place, and all the parties and festivities you may have to attend can make the holidays feel more like a chore than a time to be grateful.
If you’re planning on undertaking the monumental task of fixing a holiday meal for the family, we’ve got good news: Rachael Ray and the FoodNetwork.com have a sure-fire winner that’s not only easy to make, but will leave the whole family saying “Yum!”
Roasted Beef Tenderloin with Roasted Pepper and Black Olive Sauce
This one is not only easy, but it’s also delicious. Total prep and cook time averages about an hour and it doesn’t include any rare or unique ingredients you can’t find at your usual grocery store or market.
- 2 (2 to 2 1/2 pound) center-cut pieces beef tenderloin — ask the butcher to give you 2 pieces for use in a Chateaubriand recipe
- Extra virgin olive oil, for coating roasts, plus 3 tablespoons for sauce
- Grill seasoning (recommended: Montreal Steak Seasoning for Steak by McCormick)
- 5 whole roasted red peppers, coarsely chopped, well drained and pat dry
- 2 cloves garlic, popped from skin
- Handful flat-leaf parsley
- 1 cup good quality pitted black olives, from bulk bins, such as Kalamata, drained well
- Salt and pepper
- Crusty bread, sliced
- Preheat oven as high as it goes, 500 degrees F.
- Liberally coat the meat with extra-virgin olive oil and grill seasoning. Place the meat on a roasting rack or in a roasting pan and place in oven. If you are cooking in a pan with no rack, add a splash of water to the pan. Roast the meat 10 minutes on high then reduce heat to 350 degrees F and cook 30 minutes more. Do not open oven during those first 10 minutes. Remove meat from oven and let rest 10 minutes before serving.
- Place roasted peppers in food processor and add garlic, parsley, olives, salt and pepper. Turn the processor on and stream in extra-virgin olive oil, about 3 tablespoons.
- Thinly slice meat against grain and serve with crusty bread and sauce.
Doug Henry Chevrolet Buick GMC
If you’re looking for the perfect holiday recipe for an outstanding car shopping and buying experience, look no further than Doug Henry Chevrolet Buick GMC. We’ve got a tremendous selection of new and used vehicles all with holiday discounts in effect.
We invite you to explore all our products and services online and then come and see us at our dealership located at 8567 W Marlboro Rd Farmville NC 27828. You’ll find that our staff is ready to assist you with whatever you may need and get you into the new or used car, truck, or SUV you’ve been dreaming of.